1. The Packers’ Lambeau Field strength proceeded. They had as a lot of people first downs (22) at halftime as the Falcons had hostile plays. Green Bay turned into the first group since the 1973 Dolphins to lead by 20 or more focuses in five distinctive home amusements. They have outscored rivals by a normal of 25.3 focuses at halftime in their previous six home diversions. They took their foot off the gas pedal in the second half and paid for it, permitting 30 focuses in the last 30 minutes. (It didn’t improve the situation that Eddie Lacy left the diversion after only 13 conveys with a hip wound.) That ought to give a helpful lesson entering the stretch run as the NFC top pick.
2. Jones was the solitary splendid spot for the Falcons, pulling in 11 passes for 259 yards and a touchdown a week in the wake of toasting All-Pro cornerback Patrick Peterson for a vocation high 189 yards. Jones came one foot short of including an alternate 31-yard touchdown and was handled only a tiny bit shy of the objective line on a 79-yard bomb. For level of trouble and physical brightness, the previous two amusements rank with the end of Calvin Johnson’s 2011 season as the most amazing extend by a wide collector in late memory. In transit to setting the single-diversion establishment record for accepting yards, Jones likewise circumvent Roddy White (1,389) for the most single-season getting yards in Falcons history. Heading the alliance by 53 accepting yards, Jones is going down his offseason conflict that he is the best recipient in the NFL. Lamentably for the Falcons, a hip harm kept him from taking the field on the Falcons’ last hostile ownership.
3. Jones wasn’t the main superstar wide recipient on the field. At the point when the Falcons got inside 10 focuses ahead of schedule in the final quarter, Jordy Nelson executed an impeccable twofold move for a 60-yard gathering to give his group breathing room. He’s currently tied with Julius Thomas for the NFL lead with 12 touchdown gatherings and has matched Billy Howton’s 62-year-old establishment record with seven scores of 40 or more yards in a season. As outstanding as Nelson has been, Randall Cobb demonstrated by and by why he is Aaron Rodgers’ go-to beneficiary on broken plays and third downs. Among the NFL pioneers in first-down rate and get rate, Cobb will be a need free specialists for the Packers next offseason.
4. The Falcons have done well to play with 1,000 yards in the course of recent weeks against the two groups with the NFL’s best record, yet this offense isn’t without issues. Steven Jackson’s failure to get, turn and run in the passing amusement is apparent. Toss in a slower-moving Roddy White, and Matt Ryan is excessively reliant on Jones to move the chains. Alongside the association’s most liberal resistance, that will be an issue if Atlanta lurches into the postseason, by means of the spoiled NFC South title.
5. As the two NFC powerhouses, the Packers and resurgent Seahawks give off an impression of being on a crash course for the NFC Championship Game at Lambeau Field. It’s a potential matchup that would furnish NFL fans with the MVP most loved attempting to disentangle a verifiably extraordinary protection in one of football’s best airs.
The most recent Around The NFL Podcast recaps each Sunday diversion from Week 14 and talks about the Seahawks’ come back to Super Bowl structure.